Carrying Capacity Network
URGENT ACTION ALERT:
AMERICANS’ JOBS SHOULD TAKE PRIORITY OVER MERIT-BASED IMMIGRATION
The Trump Administration Immigration Proposal, though admirable in certain respects — eliminating the Visa Lottery and reducing Chain Migration — contains several Serious Flaws.
- 1) It discriminates against American Workers by increasing so-called Merit-Based Immigration. Clearly most of those admitted LEGALLY on “Merit” (increased to 57% of the total Legal flow ) would further DISPLACE AMERICAN WORKERS. Since 2005, 5.9 MILLION Americans already HAVE BEEN displaced by foreigners. (When these employees are cheaper to employers because they do not make a "living wage", we taxpayers subsidize this immigrant workforce with various social safety net programs — cis.org and CCN’s "Cost of Legal Immigration Study").
- Unfortunately for U.S. Taxpayers, about 60% of all the 1.5 to 1.6 Million LEGAL Immigrants per Year are on some Taxpayer-funded Welfare Program: Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, free Medical Care as well as public education for their children. Indeed, U.S. Taxpayers pay $330 Billion per Year NET (after subtracting Taxes Immigrants pay) to finance this LEGAL Immigration. — cis.org and CCN’s Cost of Legal Immigration Study.
- But the Administration’s “Merit-Based” Admission program which includes for example, an increase in the H1B Employer Subsidy of Cheap Labor at greater Numerical Levels, would clearly continue displacement of American Workers. Indeed, a record-high 17.5% of all American Workers today are foreign-born (OANN 05/18/2019).
- THE CLAIMS ON MAINSTREAM MEDIA THAT WE HAVE A LABOR SHORTAGE ARE UTTER NONSENSE. “One in nine prime-age Males is sitting idle.” (I. Richwine, 5/15/19) And most of the over 1 million College and High School graduates each year enter the labor market. Where are THEY supposed to find employment even as they compete with "Merit-Based" legal admittees?
- Appeals to a labor shortage in the US are in some sense a hoax.
- 2) But another Major Flaw is that THE ADMINISTRATION’S PROPOSAL DOES NOT REDUCE OVERALL NUMBERS. This failure has negative consequences almost too numerous to mention, overcrowding, housing “shortages” in some areas, infrastructure overuse. And for every person added to the U.S. population, one acre of farmland or natural habitat is converted to developed uses (Pimentel, et al, Cornell). And, above all, the large numbers of Legal “Slots” have a MAGNET EFFECT on prospective Illegal Immigrants. The uncapped Asylee Category is a Case in point.
“Consider there are at least 6 million people currently in the U.S. who want and are ready to take a full-time job, but cannot get one. For April 2019, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported there were 454,000 discouraged workers, who wanted a job but gave up looking for work because there were no jobs to be had. There also were 5,824,000 people working part-time for economic reasons, because they could not find a full-time job, although they wanted one.”Walter J. "John" Williams, ShadowStats.com
- 3) It fails to exclude immigrants from public Assistance, Free Medical Care etc.
- 4) It fails to forbid entry by those convicted of Crimes.
- 5) It fails to eliminate the Anchor Baby Loophole and consequent Birthright Citizenship [because of a misinterpretation of the XIVth Amendment].
Therefore, please push your Congressional Representatives hard NOW to:
1. FULLY FUND THE WALL AND END CATCH AND RELEASE
2. Implement e-Verify
3. End Anchor Baby Birthright Citizenship
4. Eliminate all CHAIN MIGRATION except for spouses & minor children of US citizens
5. Enact a Zero-Net all-categories-included MORATORIUM on LEGAL Immigration which would reduce legal immigration to about 150,000 per year
6. Outlaw Sanctuary Cities and States, because they are Magnets for criminals
7. Refuse admission to those convicted of a crime and deport them
Please help Carrying Capacity Network intensify our PUSH for the policies above by increasing our Activist Mobilization, Media, lobbying and public education efforts with a tax-deductible donation.
Any donation, no matter how small will be greatly appreciated. Now is the Time to Donate for Maximum Effect!
The 2020 Election Campaign is already underway!
And remember that CCN is a Genuine Mass Immigration Reduction Group, so Donations to CCN have far more impact dollar for dollar than Donations to Mass Immigration Management Groups who refuse to support a Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal.
Indeed, leading Management groups’ Strategies and Tactics are COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE.
One group focuses SOLELY on ILLEGAL Immigration which is futile because large numbers of legal slots are a Magnet for Illegals, so to reduce Illegal we MUST also reduce Legal "Slots".
Consider another of these groups whose strategies are copied by several others:
1) This group supports a reduction in Legal immigration to 500,000 and “eventually” to 300,000, which would, even if achieved, NOT result in sustainability — Immigrant fertility rates have historically been well in excess of replacement level — and that the world's population increases by 80 Million per year, the pressure to emigrate to the USA will only intensify, especially if encouraged by the USA's current pro-Mass Immigration policies. In sum, enactment of this group’s position would result in unending Mass Immigration-fueled U.S. population growth.
2) And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT . . . COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because it explicitly sanctions unending Mass Immigration, and indeed legitimizes it!! Thus, this and similar groups are Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups and NOT genuine REDUCTION groups.
3) And, in any event, pushing that position is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because, in any Negotiation, one should never start with the position where one wants to end up!
Therefore, CCN invites once again all genuine reductionist organizations to Join our Diversity Coalition for an Immigration MORATORIUM . . . a Coalition supported by many Immigrants from all Ethnic Groups.
Carrying Capacity Network is pro-immigrant, anti-MASS-Immigration.
Please donate by Credit Card at Carrying Capacity Network, Inc. or by Check via U.S. mail to:
CCN’s Mailing Address
San Francisco, CA 94104
Thank you for your continuing support.
Carrying Capacity Network, Inc.
CarryingCapacityNetwork.blogspot.com & CarryingCapacity.wordpress.com
CARRYING CAPACITY on Twitter: @CCNetworkOrg GAB: @CarryingCapacity, on Blogger: Carrying Capacity Network and now on WordPress Carrying Capacity Org