Carrying Capacity Network
URGENT ACTION ALERT:
The Only Way to Stop Mass Illegal Immigration
Several excellent Policy and Legal Changes are available to Reduce Mass Illegal Immigration. But none that we have heard so far cite the one additional change in the law re Legal Immigration necessary to Stop Mass Illegal Immigration and by the way, to Increase Political Pressure to Reduce it.
Needed Illegal Immigration Reduction Actions
- Build the Wall – Physical Barriers will work: The Great Wall of China, Hadrian’s Wall and Israeli Wall, prove this.
- Implement e-Verify with Penalties for failure to use it. This would reduce the jobs magnet for illegals.
- End Catch & Release require Asylum Applicants to apply at a U.S. Consulate or designated Border entrance and not to enter until allowed to do so in the Discretion of ICE.
- Cap the number of Asylees admitted each year, just as refugee numbers are subject, annually, to a presidential cap (which should be lowered).
- Forbid Illegals from receiving all Taxpayers-funded services such as free medical care, Welfare, Section 8 Housing, Food Stamps, Education, Tuition. Note that congressional action also is needed on the law known as EMTALA, which provides that anyone who arrives within 100 yards of a hospital's Emergency entrance must be treated for any critical condition, including delivery of a baby.
- Make Illegals and Visa Over-stayers ineligible to receive citizenship or green cards, ever.
- End Birthright Citizenship. This may entail a corrected interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment, giving due weight to the clause: ”and subject to the jurisdiction of”.
But, even if all the above were enacted into law and enforced, the Magnet Effect of the huge number of slots” in the USA’s current generous Legal immigration system would still draw many illegals seeking some way to legalize, whether via a future amnesty or otherwise.
The Solution needed to Stop Mass Illegal Immigration
As long as there are numerous Legal “Slots” which an Illegal can use to Legalize, e.g., via Chain Migration or the Asylum Route or H1B Visas, Those “Slots” will serve as a Magnet for an unending Flood of Illegals seeking Legalization.
The “Closing the Asylum Loopholes Act” (HR517 – Johnson R-LA) would change the Standard for obtaining Asylum from “credible fear” to “more probable than not”. This Bill is well-intentioned as is the RAISE Act (S-3511 – Cotton R-AR) which would end Chain Migration and the Visa Lottery but create a huge uncapped loophole of “Merit-based immigration” but neither has any chance of passage unless simultaneously coupled with a push for a Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal Immigration which would greatly increase Political Pressure.
Solution: Reduce the Number of Legal “Slots” via an all-categories included Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal Immigration (this would still allow approximately 150,000 Immigrants per year).
There are many benefits to this policy including a reduction in the $330 Billion per Year NET Cost of Legal (Net Costs of Legal Immigration Study), see also CCN Alert.
If would-be Illegal Immigrants know that their chances of becoming Legalized are reduced or eliminated by the very act of entering illegally, they will be much less likely to come.
Here’s What to DO:
Push your Congressional Representatives hard NOW to:
1. FULLY FUND THE WALL AND END CATCH AND RELEASE
2. Implement e-Verify
3. End Anchor Baby Birthright Citizenship
4. Eliminate the Visa Lottery and Chain Migration
5. Enact a Zero-Net* all-categories-included MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration
If the 1.5 to 1.6 Million Annual Legal Immigrant Inflow were cut to 150,000/Year (i.e., Zero-Net* Annual Immigration = Emigration), the U.S. Federal Deficit could be reduced by One-Half Trillion $ in a Decade! And Net Costs to States and Localities would be greatly reduced also.
Tell them Legal Immigration of about 1.6 Million per Year costs US Taxpayers $330 Billion per Year NET of Taxes Immigrants pay (Net Costs of Legal Immigration Study).
Please help Carrying Capacity Network intensify our PUSH for the five aforementioned policies by increasing our Activist Mobilization, Media, lobbying and public education efforts with a tax-deductible donation. Any donation, no matter how small will be greatly appreciated. Now is the Time to Donate for Maximum Effect!
The 2020 Election Campaign is already underway.
And remember that CCN is a Genuine Mass Immigration Reduction Group, so Donations to CCN have far more impact dollar for dollar than Donations to Mass Immigration Management Groups who refuse to support a Zero-Net Moratorium.
Indeed, leading Management groups’ Strategies and Tactics are COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE.
Consider those of one group whose strategies are copied by several others:
1) This group supports a reduction in Legal immigration to 500,000 and “eventually” to 300,000, which would, even if achieved, NOT result in sustainability — Immigrant fertility rates have historically been well in excess of replacement level — and that the world's population increases by 80 Million per year, the pressure to emigrate to the USA will only intensify, especially if encouraged by the USA's current pro-Mass Immigration policies. In sum, enactment of this group’s position would result in unending Mass Immigration-fueled U.S. population growth.
2) And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT . . . COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because it explicitly sanctions unending Mass Immigration, and indeed legitimizes it!! Thus, this and similar groups are Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups and NOT genuine Reduction groups.
3) And, in any event, pushing that position is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because, in any Negotiation, one should never start with the position where one wants to end up!
Therefore, CCN invites once again all genuine reductionist organizations to Join our Diversity Coalition for an Immigration MORATORIUM . . . a Coalition supported by
many Immigrants from all Ethnic Groups.
Carrying Capacity Network is pro-immigrant, anti-MASS-Immigration.
Please donate by Credit Card at Carrying Capacity Network, Inc. or by Check via U.S. mail to:
CCN’s Mailing Address
San Francisco, CA 94104
Carrying Capacity Network, Inc.